Thursday, February 4, 2010

Campaign Promise # 6 - Pledge to Bring Back Capes & Wigs

If elected the President of the United States in 2012 or whenever, I promise my staff and I will wear capes Monday through Friday. My cape collection is pretty amazing already, but I will have my tailor in India design me some new ones with extra bling.

Furthermore, I shall proclaim by executive order all of congress must wear wigs when congress is in session. Not the wigs like the Brits wear, but any wig you like to express your flare...

Finally, a quick cape story from last year...true story, you can't make this stuff up. I was going out on the town in London to meet a buddy from India at some hotel with my buddy Rodger who was visiting from NYC and two very hot blonde ladies. I went out that night wearing a bad ass black suit and a bright red cape....when we arrived at the hotel (I can't remember the name, but it's one of the 'hip hotels')...the doorman at the hotel wouldn't let me in with the cape as they said they had a 'no-cape policy'.

Needing to get in to meet my mate Ravi, the gorgeous Rebecca Howard quickly thought on her feet, took the cape and turned it into a Turban on her head and informed them they couldn't by law make her take off a symbol / requirement of her religion...well, when we left to go onto Annabels I of course wore it out to piss off the doorman. Furthermore, at Annabel's which is arguably the greatest and most exclusive private club in the world the cape was of no consequence in getting in...in fact it was of course celebrated...so much for the hipsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment